Thursday, March 08, 2007

Gingrich: I had affair during Clinton impeachment


Potential Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich admitted in an interview with conservative Christian group Focus on the Family that he had an extramarital affair even while leading the charge to have President Clinton impeached.

"The honest answer is yes," he said according to the Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

"Gingrich argued in the interview, however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity," writes the AP.

Click

3 comments:

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

So, it was okay for Newt to have an affair? Unbelievable!

Geezer Power said...

well...I am curious who would have an affair with Newt, male or female? Or if it was even consentual. At any rate I bet that it cost him a lot of $$$...heeheehe But then again it's good that he spared us the details, as I get sick enough just looking at his picture...} ;

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Hey Geezer!

I just shiver at that thought! LOL

Newt is such a slime ball...ewwww...I am getting ill just thinking about that!