Thursday, April 12, 2007

IMUS HATE-SPEAK YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

by Lydia Cornell @ 10:55 AM PDT

Got this from our other site from my co-host Doug Basham, at BASHAM AND CORNELL PROGRESSIVE TALK

Doug says: And these “values” were only violated last week with the nappy headed ho’s comment? How about when Imus said…
On the New York Knicks: “chest-bumping pimps” the New York Crips.”
On superstar Gloria Estefan: “this little Chihuahua-looking ‘ho.”
On serial gay-killer Andrew Cunannan: “Why are they bothering to catch this guy? He’s just whacking off freaks!”
On Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell, a Native American: “The guy from F Troop.”
On CNN’s female anchors: “dyke-ie broads.”
On media critic Howard Kurtz: “boner-nosed, beanie-wearing Jew boy.”

TUNE IN SATURDAY MORNING TUNE IN LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS and LOS ANGELES to our show BASHAM AND CORNELL PROGRESSIVE TALK
from 9 - 10 a.m. We broadcast live -- or go to our website and click on the link to hear the entire show in the archives.

DON'T MISS THIS WEEK!!


Congressman Charles Rangel will be our guest April 14. He will discuss his 30-year Congressional career and his new book, "And I Haven't Had a Bad Day Since: From the Streets of Harlem to the Halls of Congress."

Recent guests: Lt. Eric Shine, whistleblower whose life was interrupted by the Dept. of Homeland Security; Mark Green, one of the new owners of Air America, founder of New Democracy Project and author of "Losing Our Democracy." We've had some amazing guests the past 3 weeks: former federal prosecutor Elizabeth de la Vega, author of "U.S. vs BUSH" which is going to be a movie, a courtroom drama on the Bush Impeachment. We also had Media Matters' Paul Waldman, author of "Being Right is Not Enough". Last week we interview Media Matters' Eric Boehlert on his report "If it's Sunday it Must be Conservative." Boehlert is the author of LAPDOGS: "How the Press Rolled Over for Bush." A look inside one of the great journalistic collapses of our time.

20 comments:

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Lydia:

I'm looking forward to your program with Rangel! He should be a real hoot! LOL

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

P.S.

This is my new avatar for the new blog. What do you think guys? ;)

Fans and Friends of Lydia Cornell said...

I love it! Is this the real you?

I also love the other one too.

Both are great.

Geezer Power said...

Well...I don't watch Imus, but I may take a look now I know. What he offers is taken with a grain of salt...G:

ps...Bulleted list

Here's a beginning from Smoking Gun, a list on 911, the war, and torture issues.

http://tvnewslies.org/html/the_smoking_gun_white_house_.html

Geezer Power said...

susie-q

Well...ok

I guess I can concentrate on what I'm writing now. I'll never forget the glowing cape...lol

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Lydia:

No, not the real me... I actually do look more like Jessica..

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

I'll never forget the glowing cape...lol
----------

Geezer:

Yep, we were burning down the house before the Nov. elections, weren't we? LOL

I got a lot of sh*t about my cape! But, it was fun! hehe

KitNeill said...

suzie-q - new sig, new pic? Looks good. Does this mean I have to lighten my hair? Nah, I'll be token brunette. Highlights maybe. Although it might be time to change my logo. PJF has moved on.

Re Imus. I was channel surfing waiting for Washington Journal to begin and happened to catch his apology. Not knowing what was actually said - he didn't say - I thought what a wussy apology. It was along the lines of "I take full responsibility..." but added a caveat, "but that wasn't my intent and intent is important." His sidekick agreed, intent was definitely important. End of it, as far as he was concerned.

I'm not an Imus fan, and I was not aware he was so beyond the far boundary of awful. His supporters -mostly those who gain from guesting on his show - cite his many good works for kids. Yeah, great role model. Hey, kids, get your own show so you can insult anyone you want and get paid for it. Like a playground with no adult supervision.

I don't believe in muzzling free speech but just plain mean speech is not free.

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Hi Kit!

We're moving into the big time... gotta look more professional now! hehe

antoine de cicereux said...

moving into the big time, eh, suzie-q? I like the new pic. Is it the real you?

I've tried a couple of times to upload a picture onto my profile byt blogger won't accept the HTML. Too long or something, but I'll have another go, tomorrow.

Don't know ehether to have a pic of someone who isn't the real me, or whether to "come out", if you know what i mean.

antoine de cicereux said...

Kit, you are the same age as me and, therefore, like me, a Monkey!

KitNeill said...

Definitely cool, and definitely professional. I'm proud to be part of it, even as I frantically search for a decent photo for my future posts. Maybe I can cobble together a new logo.

You've done really well by your blog, stepping into the breach, so congratulations.

Onward and upward.

KitNeill said...

Anthony,
Monkey see, monkey do?
lol

TomCat said...

Having listened to Lydia and Doug several times, I recommed it highly.

Mike said...

Yeah, its a great show I highly recommend it as well.

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

moving into the big time, eh, suzie-q? I like the new pic. Is it the real you?
-------------

Thanks and no it's not the real me. You will just have to pretend that it's me Anthony! ;)

(Ck your mail)

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Hi Tomcat and Mike!

Yes, I really enjoyed their show last Saturday!

I'll be listening again Saturday morning! ;)

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Kit, you are the same age as me and, therefore, like me, a Monkey!
--------------

OMG! Two monkeys on this blog?

Well, thank goodness you aren't chimps!

LOL

(Kit and all authors of this blog...please check your email.)

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Breaking News from ABCNEWS.com:

CBS HAS FIRED DON IMUS