Monday, April 09, 2007

When It Comes Back Around And Bites You In The Rear End!!

by S-Q @ 7:40 AM MDT


Think Progress


In a recent TV interview, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) criticized CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, saying he didn’t know what was going on in Iraq. As proof of progress, McCain claimed, “General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in an unarmed humvee.”

Sunday night in a 60 Minutes interview, McCain acknowledged that statement was a lie. He said “there is no unarmored humvees. Obviously, that’s the case.” He excused himself, saying, “I’m trying to make the point over and over and over again that we are making progress.”


McCain also previously claimed that there are neighborhoods that you can walk around freely, claiming his heavily-armed stroll through a Baghdad market was an example. Tonight, McCain said he can “understand why they would provide me with that security.”

“Of course I’m gonna misspeak,” McCain said. “I’ve done it on numerous occasions. And I probably will in the future. I regret that when I divert attention to something that I’ve said from my message. But that’s just life. And I’m happy, frankly, with the way I operate. Otherwise it’d be a lot less fun.”

Watch the entire video here.


But, this is the best 19 seconds of that video!!

6 comments:

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
antoine de cicereux said...

S-Q. There are many decent Americans, like yourself, who deplore what is being done in their name just as I and many other Brits deplore what has been done by a small number of British troops in Iraq in my name. What we saw going in in Abu Ghraib was also going on in British "detention facilities" in Iraq, as well.

And I remember having now sympathy for the prisoners in Gitmo when pictures of the prisoners first appeared on television screens in 2003.

One of the things that stands out in my memory of my visit to the States in 2004 was just how polarized the country was.

It was then that I first became familiar with the slogan, "Not in Our Name".

I tried to get this across to the young Afghan student I spoke to, but he seemed so embittered by what has gone in in that part of the world that he would hear none of it.

Mike said...

Good Post Anthony!

I think it will take decades to repair te damage GWB has done and restore our international reputation.

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

This is a man with NO credibility or integrity that will say and do anything to become president.......he cares about John McCain not his country and after GWB thatys the last person we need for president
--------------

Good Morning Mike!

Exactly, what you said re: McCain!

Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

It was then that I first became familiar with the slogan, "Not in Our Name".
-----------------

Hi Anthony!

More and more Americans are totally fed up with this war and we want our troops out of Iraq!
Even the "Sheeple" are starting to realize that it's wrong!

Joey Polanski said...

What else is t be expectd, from a guy who went from maverick to party bootlickr in six short years.

If Republicans want "th REAL McCain," theyll find him RIGHT HERE.